Saturday 15 September 2007

Dinner on 14/09/07

Menu: cottage pie and peas

As we had a lot of potatoes which had to be used, I wanted to make something using lots of potatoes. I was looking through my recipe books to find some ideas for what to make for dinner. I wanted something easy, and cottage pie and croquettes caught my eye. "Which one should I make??" I was in two minds, but finally decided to go for cottage pie.

I was in a good mood while cooking, playing some music and humming along. However, it suddenly changed when the knife cut into one of my fingers.

"Ouch!!!"

I tried to stop the blood, but it wouldn't stop. I used quite a lot of tissues which turned to red. My daughter looked worried and holding my shoulder. I had to stop for a while. I rarely cut my fingers while cooking, and I'm not used to dealing with that kind of situation. Eventually my husband came home, and I felt bad about the dinner not being ready yet.

I went back to the kitchen to start cooking again. I carried on cutting carrots, and as I tried to cut a carrot, the carrot rolled again. This was the carrot which made me cut my finger.

"Evil carrot!"

It must have been cursed or something. I snapped in half and put it in the bin.

The cottage pie turned out to be fairly nice, but I wasn't sure if it was supposed to taste like that. I haven't had enough cottage pies to judge it. Well, my husband liked it, and so did my daughter.

I made a big one, so we gave some to my husband's grandfather who lives on his own. Hope he likes it.

No comments: