Wednesday 17 September 2008

Lunch on 17/09/08

We were shopping in town, and getting hungry, so decided to go to a new all you can eat place on Surrey Street. We had been interested in eating there for a while, so we finally gave it a go.

The food tasted really good, the waiters seemed to be nice and friendly, and I was quite happy and enjoying my lunch.

As I was eating, I noticed a tiny green spot on the Naan bread which I had put on my plate. I didn't want to believe that it was moldy, and I tried a bit - yes, my guess was right. It had gone off. Well, I felt bad about telling them as it was only a cheap restaurant.
When I finished my first plate, I helped myself to a second helping using a new plate. I then noticed the sign saying "Use only one plate" on the wall, but I thought my case was an exception. There was no way I would use a plate that had moldy food on it. A waiter approached and said "Use only one plate, please," so I explained the situation. My husband helped me explain to the waiter, but he gave me a small plate to put the naan on and told me to keep the first plate. I kept explaining to him, but he wouldn't understand. After a while, he took the plate, and I carried on serving the second helping. Then the head waiter of the restaurant came and told me that I should use only one plate. I explained again and again until he understood, but he could not understand my point, and said something which made me mad.

"100% of our customers eat these, and they are fine."

That comment got on my nerves. It sounded like it was all my fault.
I can understand and respect their policy and rules - I would have not changed my plate if it wasn't for the moldy food - but they didn't apologise to me for serving gone-off food. Instead, they told me off! What kind of attitude is that? I know we have a very high standard when it comes to customer services in Japan, but I think anybody would feel the same as I do.

Rotten service, and rotten food...

It's a shame. I thought the food was really good for the price (except for the moldy naan of course), and I was going to recommend the place to my friends.

The whole thing really put me off, and I didn't touch my second plate.

Never again.

No comments: