Monday 15 June 2009

Lunch on 07/06/09

Menu: Tuna, Avocado and Pickles on Rice

Does it look strange to you? I make tuna, avocado and cucumber on rice often, but we didn't have any cucumber in the fridge.
I was looking through the kitchen cupboard thinking

"What can we have with it?? Let's see...",

and the jars of pickles caught my eye.

"Yeah, beetroot and pickled onions might be nice. Why not."

The rice is sushi rice, by the way. To make sushi rice, just mix hot cooked rice with rice wine vinegar and sugar. I will give you the recipe for sushi rice soon.

We love beetroot. Even my three-year-old daughter likes it. I wouldn't let her touch it though - she will make a right mess with it! I always feed her when it comes to beetroot. We've come to eat beetroot more often since I found out that beetroot is very good for your health. Apparently, it's well-known as a blood cleanser. It's always good to know the benefits of food. It helps me a lot when it comes to choosing what food to buy.

No comments: