Thursday 23 August 2007

Botamochi or Ohagi?!



I just found some information on Ohagi and am a bit confused. Were the rice cakes I made a few days ago Ohagi or Botamochi? To be honest, I don't know.

These rice cakes are Japanese sweets, and not Okinawan sweets, so I don't know much about them. As we have our own sweets in Okinawa, I'm not that familiar with Japanese sweets. There are some popular Japanese sweets in Okinawa, but we like our own sweets :-)

Anmitsu seems to be popular, but I didn't know much about it until a few months ago. I had heard of the name, but never tried it before.

I was at my Japanese friend's, and she made Anmitsu . My other friends there went crazy and got excited about it. They all couldn't believe it when I said I had never tried it before - I didn't even know what exactly was in it.

Actually, I have had Ohagi or Botamochi only a few times in my life, so I didn't really know if my Ohagi or Botamochi was good or not.

No comments: