Sunday 19 August 2007

Rice Salad

This is the rice salad I mentioned earlier. You can add any vegetables you like. I like using mix vegetables, cucumber, tomato and parsley. We had the rice with ham - really summery, isn't it.

Actually, I didn't like rice salad before. I didn't like the concept of having rice as salad. I first saw rice salad when I was living in Seattle. I thought "Rice salad?!?! What's that? It sounds and looks weird" and wouldn't want to try it. I had the same feeling when I first saw rice pudding. "Rice with milk and sugar?!?! It sounds awful."

I came to like rice salad a few months ago. When I made the potato salad dressing, I thought "well actually, this dressing might go well with rice. The concept of mixing vinegar and other ingredients together with rice sounds like chirashi zushi (a type of sushi) ." Then I decided to make rice salad using the potato salad dressing. It turned out to be really nice.

It goes really well with meat or meaty fish (salmon etc..).

No comments: