Tuesday 18 December 2007

Dinner on 03/12/07

Menu: miso soup with vegetables, rice with umeboshi puree, hijiki, kabocha, haddock(oven baked in a foil)

As I wrote before, I like cooking fish simply. On that day, I cooked haddock in the oven wrapped in foil. I sprinkled some cooking sake, sesame oil, ginger, leek, salt and pepper on the fish. I made a simple sauce with some fish juices, vinegar and sesame oil, but it turned out to be a failier. I cooked breast chicken the same way, except that I steamed the chicken, and I wanted to try the same recipe with white fish. Well, it's always good to try new things, but it didn't work out this time. The sauce overpowered the fish, and we couldn't taste it.

Hijiki is a type of seaweed and is commonly eaten in Japan. I love it. I added carrots and sprinkled spring onions on top. Kabocha is a type of pumpkin and is the orange dish at the top of the photo. I simply boiled it and added a drop of soy sauce. You could add some sugar as well.

I love simple food like these.

No comments: