Saturday 22 December 2007

Dinner on 21/12/07

Menu: chicken & vegetable nabe, udon and rice

It's been very cold here in England, so we decided to have a nabe dish for dinner. I used chicken thighs and lots of vegetables such as carrots, leek, Chinese cabbage, nira (kow choi in Chinese) and daikon. We haven't got a proper nabe pot and normally use a regular pot with a camping stove to cook on the table. However, the gas has run out, so I cooked it on the hob.
First of all, I boiled the chicken for a couple of minutes and rinsed it. Then I cooked the chicken with some water, cooking sake and ginger with the vegetables. My husband ate it dipping in *Ajipon, and I made a dipping sauce for myself using soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. It was delicious and warmed up our bodies. I love nabe dishes as I can eat lots of vegetables.

*Mitsukan - Ajipon (Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce) 12 Oz.

No comments: