Saturday 20 February 2010

Dinner on 20/02/10

Menu: Sweet & Sour flavoured chicken, sauteed vegetables, fried asparagus on rice, and miso soup (I didn't take a photo of it though. It was still in the pot when this was taken).

My husband wanted something Oriental, but didn't know what to have, so I showed him photos of dinners here on this blog. He pointed at this saying "I might want something like this". Well we didn't have pork, so I used chicken instead. Originally I was going to make chicken teriyaki, but I changed my mind. What did you think I used for the sauce? I used rice vinegar, honey and soy sauce. I browned the chicken with a little bit of vegetable oil, and added some vinegar, honey, some water and cooked for 10 min or so. I put in some soy sauce and cooked for another 15min or so. When the sauce was reduced, I added some more soy sauce and cooked until the sauce became fairy thick.

I lightly cooked onions, carrots, red peppers and cabbage, and cooked asparagus separately. I would've steamed them, but didn't bother today. We all enjoyed our dinner!

No comments: