Monday 15 February 2010

Happy Belated New Year!!

It's been more than 6 months since I last updated this blog. Sorry about that. There are so many things I want to write about, but haven't got round to it. My 4-year-old daughter has kept me busy.

Anyway, I will try to update more often this year. Also I'm thinking of introducing more about Okinawa and Japan here. I know this blog is supposed to be about cooking, but I would like to introduce our culture through music, videos and photos etc. - that should be fun! When I'm busy, I might write in Japanese, which is easier for me.

I still have many food photos which I haven't uploaded here, and I will share them with you every now and then.

Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!!



Today, I'm introducing one of the well-known Ryukyuan classical dances to you.
It's called "Kajadi Fu/Kagiyade Fu(かじゃでぃ風/かぎやで風)".

Click here for the video.

We see this performance on special occasions such as wedding receptions, celebrations and so on as an opening act (Not sure if that's the correct way of describing it though). If you've been to Okinawa, you might've seen it.

I remember dancing "Kajadi Fu" on sports day when I was in high school. All the girls at school danced! It was a long time ago, and I can't dance anymore unfortunately. We didn't wear nice costumes like in the video, by the way.

No comments: