Sunday 7 October 2007

Flu.....

Yes, I did catch a cold... really bad one. I recon we had a flu or something as it was really really bad. We suffered a lot. I started feeling achy and shively just before going to bed on Wedneseday night. The following day was like a hell to me. The muscle of my both legs and knees felt achy, and I had a terrible headache. Each hair was like a needle, and I just felt awful. I didn't have an apetite either. I felt sick for a couple of days.

My daughter had a temperature on Tuesday night, but it went down back to normal on the following morning. Amazing recovery!

I didn't enjoy cooking when I felt sick. I knew that I needed to eat something, but I didn't know what to eat. I was too ill to think about it. While in the kitchen feeling very sick, I thought of my mum. I really missed my family back home. In my culture, it's quite normal to help each other when somebody is in that kind of situation, especially, if the person is a family member.
We can't stand not doing anything for the person.

It wasn't easy to look after my daughter who was also unwell, when I was very ill, but I'm getting better and better day by day.

Last night, I cooked rice with Daikon (Japanese radish) & Aburaage (fried tofu) and miso soup with Chinese cabbage and Daikon. I cooked pork with suger, soy sauce, cooking sake & garlic for my husband. I was almost crying in the kitchen as I felt really sick and realising there's nobody to help me. I felt homesick.

I feel much better today and cooked a nice soup which I'm going to write about next time.

No comments: