Friday 2 November 2007

Dinner on 02/11/07

Menu: Chicken coconut curry

I wanted to cook something easy today, so I made coconut curry. I had never made coconut curry before coming to England as I was unfamiliar with it. While watching a cooking programme a few years ago, a chef was showing how to make it. Surprisingly, it looked very easy to make, so I decided to give it a go that evening. Since then, I make it every couple of months or so. I think the coconut curry I make is a very easy version, and depending on what we have in the fridge, I change the ingredients accordingly.

Today, I used potatoes, carrots, onions, courgettes, green & yellow peppers along with a few chicken thighs. My daughter tried it for the first time, but she wasn't too keen on it (I didn't use much curry powder, and it was very mild though.)

By the way, I used an old photo taken about ten months ago. We had deep fried onions and garlic with the curry then. They go together very well.

No comments: