Saturday 15 May 2010

Dinner on 13/05/10

Menu: Thai-style stir fry on rice
While looking through the freezer, a pack of prawns caught my eyes. I love prawns, and fancied some that evening. Originally, I was thinking of making prawn fried rice along with vegetable stir-fry, but I changed my mind when I saw a bottle of sweet chili sauce in the fridge.
"Might be interesting to use sweet chili sauce in a stir-fry," I though.
I'm not that familiar with Thai dishes, to be honest. I know the basic ones like Thai curry, Pat Thai (my favourite Thai dish!), tom yum soup, but that's about it, I think. I'd had sweet chili sauce for dipping, but not for stir-fry dishes, and thought it would be interesting to experiment.
I fried garlic in a frying pan, added prawns, and then put in celery, lettuce, peas, and the sauce. Mixed all in together and Bob's your uncle! It was really easy, but extremely tasty. I sprinkled spring onions on top (not on my bowl though. I'm not too keen on fresh onions.) You could use coriander instead of spring onions (I'm not too keen on coriander either.)

No comments: