Thursday 27 May 2010

Dinner on 21/05/10

Menu: Sweet & sour pork, stir-fry moyashi, rice, soup

I was going to cook pork in a different way, but I changed my mind and made sweet & sour pork instead. This is one of my husband's favourites, by the way :) I experimented a bit, and used malt vinegar instead of rice vinegar. The outcome was......I think I would stick to rice vinegar. My husband didn't complain though. I just wanted to see if malt vinegar would be a good substitute. Oh well - never mind. I made the soup using pork bones, ginger, spring onions, dashi stock and a dash of soy sauce. I put in a dot of sesame oil to taste as well. It was alright.


This is the close-up version of the sweet & sour dish. I used too much carrot - oops. If my mum sees this, she would definitely make a comment on the carrot.

No comments: