Saturday 15 May 2010

Dinner on 8/05/10

Menu: Teriyaki chicken on rice, fried aubergine and onions with grated ginger, miso soup

We got home quite late after helping my brother-in-law that night. I had no idea what to have for dinner. While looking through the fridge, I found enough ingredients to make a lovely meal. The dish with aubergine is really easy to make. You just pan fry aubergine, and sprinkle some grated ginger & soy sauce on top. Onions are optional. My husband was really impressed with this dinner, and enjoyed it very much. Well, so did I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so delicious! I've never tried preparing aubergines that way, but that sounds lovely... what kind did you use? the asian kind or the italian kind?

Melina said...

Haitai(means Hello in Okinawan. Men would say Haisai)Keia!

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Sorry for the late reply though. I didn't notice there was a new comment until now.

By the way, I used the Italian kind aubergines, if that's how they are called. You know the big ones. It's quite common in Japan to have aubergines that way. Some people put on katsuobushi (grated dried bonito), but I didn't. It's way too expensive to buy it in this country.

Thank you again for leaving a comment and following my blog!! I'm always happy to receive comments :)