Tuesday 9 December 2008

Dinner on 03/04/08



Menu: Indian take-away

It was my husband's birthday, and I treated him with the food from our favourite Indian restaurant.

Before trying Indian food here in the UK, I wasn't too keen on it, to be honest. I still remember the Indian restaurant I went with my sisters near Tokyo about 12 years ago. As some of you might know, I'm a huge fan of Freddie Mercury, and whenever I met somebody from India, I used to get really excited.
My sisters, especially my older sister, didn't like the idea of having Indian for lunch, but I pursued her, and we all went there. The food wasn't too bad, but some of the curries tasted really bad, and my sisters couldn't eat them. My older sister wasn't wise enough to put a little amount on the first plate as I did:) She put a plate full! Then we noticed the sign saying "Please don't leave the food. Otherwise, you'll be charged" (I can't remember the exact price). So my sister tired so hard to swallowed the food down her throat. She was sitting at the table facing the kitchen where the chefs were looking at customers, so she had to keep the straight face, which made it really funny. She was suffering. Then the owner of the restaurant came to us, and I was very excited and asking about India. He showed us some photos and brought Indian desert to us. I can't remember what it was exactly though. My sisters gave me a funny look. I could see in their eyes saying "Oh my God, more food." I think it was dried, so they wrapped it up with tissue and put it in their bag.

Anyway, since that day, they hate Indian food. Shame, isn't it. I would like to change their mind though. Maybe, I can take a jar of curry sauce when I go back to Okinawa, and cook for them.

I really enjoy Indian food here in the UK.

No comments: