Wednesday 3 December 2008

Dinner on 25/11/08

Menu: Roast chicken with lemon & garlic, roast potatoes and boiled vegetables

I made a simple roast dinner using the leftover from the previous night. I was out in central London and bought a pack of roast chicken at Marks & Spencer on the way back home. I was feeling a bit peckish and had a piece on the train :)

Anyway, I heated up the chicken and an interesting idea came into my mind - sort of caramelising with lemon juice and garlic in a pot. I know you can roast chicken with lemon and garlic, but I simmered lemon juice and garlic (I used garlic granules) in a pot and quickly mixed the sauce with the pre-cooked (already hot) roast chicken. I sprinkled black pepper to taste.

As I've been having a problem with my right wrist, I try to cook something easy these days. This was a really easy dinner, and really tasty!

No comments: