Thursday 18 December 2008

Dinner on 17/12/08











Menu: roast pork with apple, roast vegetables, sauteed potatoes, steamed broccoli

As I couldn't/still can't use a knife yesterday, I asked my husband to help me in the kitchen.

I might have mentioned it before - about my condition - here, but I've been suffering from DeQuervain's syndrome for over a month. I've been using a wrist splint which helps for this condition, but having a 3-year-old active girl doesn't help me get better. It was getting better, but she hurt my wrist, and got better a bit, and yesterday morning, an accident happened. I was in bed trying to get up. My hand was up in the air with my elbow on the bed. And then, suddenly my daughter sat back on my hand, and all her weight got on my wrist!! Ouch!! I couldn't move or talk and just curled up in pain for a while. Anyway, I haven't been able to use my right hand much since yesterday morning, so that's why I asked my husband for help in the kitchen.

Anyway, we had sliced pork to use, and I suggested to roast it. We also had lots of apples, and an idea came into my mind. Well, the combination of pork & apple isn't something new, but I just got excited thinking it would be great.

On the pork, we sprinkled some olive oil, black pepper, rosemary, crushed garlic and sliced apples on top and roast it. For the roast vegetables, we used parsnips, carrots and leek, and sprinkled some olive oil, sage and thyme.

Oh my God, the dinner was sooooo good. I was very impressed with the result.

For a pudding, we had treacle sponge pudding and custard. We didn't make the pudding - it was in a tin and by Heinz. It wasn't too bad.









No comments: