Saturday 23 June 2007

Dinner on 22/06/07

Menu: Chicken with tomatoes, aubergine, onions, green peppers; rice with peas


I was on the phone with my mum yesterday. I always ask her what she's cooked for that day to get some ideas for my dinner. She told me about the curry she had had at a restaurant with my dad last week. It was a very simple tomato curry - only a few chunks of beef in it. She asked one of the waiters there what was in it, and he said "Only tomatoes and curry powder." My mum got an idea from it and made tomato curry the following day. She fried some garlic and chicken (instead of beef) and added tinned tomatoes as well as grated carrots and potatoes. Apparently, it was really nice.

"Thank you for the idea, Mum!" Hanging up the phone, I got some chicken out of the freezer. I was quite excited as I knew that my husband would love it. He likes curries, especially on Friday night.

I got a call from my husband when I was cutting vegetables. He said "I won't be back home tonight." It's been really hectic for him at work, and some people at work seemed to be staying as well.

So, change of the plan then. I decided to cook chicken with tomatoes, green peppers, aubergine and onions. I added some dried thyme and sage to taste.
It was really nice!

No comments: