Thursday 28 June 2007

Dinner on 27/06/07, Rice Pudding

I made dinner just for myself last night. My husband has gone to Ukraine on business and are staying there over night. I had a simple supper: tuna salad and baked potatoes. The salad was really nice. I used lettuce, cucumber, carrots, celery, radish, red peppers, chickpeas, tuna and fried onions! I like having salad with tuna and don't use any dressing. I used fried onions for salad for the first time - they went well with salad.

The night before, I made rice pudding for the first time! We bought a bag of pudding rice the other day, and I heard my husband saying "Rice pudding! Oh, that would be lovely!" I bought it to use for cooking, but I decided to make the pudding for him. After having the salmon, I got the pudding out of the oven saying "Are you ready for pudding?" My husband was very surprised and really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if I made it right as I had never tried a proper rice pudding before. It seemed to be a success :-)

No comments: