Thursday 21 June 2007

Lunch on 21/06/07

Menu: Simple vegetable soup;Simple rice bowl with avocado, daikon and cucumber
















I didn't feel well earlier this morning. My daughter has a cold, and so does my husband. I must have caught it from them... I didn't want it to get worse, so I stayed in relaxing. I didn't want to stand in the kitchen for a long time - I wanted something quick and easy, but tasty.


"What can I have for lunch? Let's see...."

Opening the fridge, I found bits and pieces. The first thing which caught my eye was avocado.

"Okay, rice bowl with avocado then!"

It's very easy to make. All you need is cutting. Well, you need some cooked rice as well. Normally, I have it as a sushi rice bowl. I would make sushi rice (mix rice with vinegar & sugar) and put avocado, cucumber and tuna with mayonnaise on top of it. But today, I didn't bother making sushi rice, so I simply used normal cooked rice. When I say rice, that's Japanese rice :-) I didn't want to open a tinned tuna and make tuna&mayonnaise either, so the rice bowl I made was really simple. I sprinkled some soy sauce mixed with wasabi and nori(type of seaweed). It was really nice!


The soup was leftover from last night. Whenever my body needs lots of vegetables, I make vegetable soup. I used daikon, carrots, spring onions, cabbage, Chinese cabbage for the soup. I didn't add anything else.

If you think making sushi is too complicated, you can make this type of rice bowl. All you need is making sushi rice, which is simple enough, and put ingredients on top. And of course, don't forget to sprinkle some soy sauce!

1 comment:

Melina said...

Thank you very much! I hope you will come back again!