Tuesday 26 June 2007

Dinner on 25/06/07

Menu: Pork with ginger & soy sauce; fried green peppers & onions; steamed aubergines; simple vegetable soup; rice with peas


As we didn't go shopping over the weekend, we were running out of food. My husband was really tired after working for 27 hours from Friday to Saturday - it was crazy! He was going to work late afternoon on Monday (25/06), so we went to the local supermarket to buy some food just before the lunch time. I saw that packs of pork were on offer and was inspired to cook pork with ginger & soy sauce, which I hadn't cooked for a while, for dinner.

The pork was tender as I used Chinese cooking sake (I use it instead of Japanese cooking sake because it's cheaper than ours). It was rather a lot of meat, so I saved some for lunch the following day.

No comments: