Friday 29 June 2007

Pork with Ginger & Soy Sauce

Serves 4

4 thin sliced pork
1 big green pepper (optional)
1 medium size onion (optional)

Marinade
2 tbsp soy sauce
2.5 tbsp Japanese/Chinese cooking sake (or dry sherry)
1.5 tbsp sugar
1.5 tbsp grated ginger

  1. Combine the marinade sauce, and marinate the pork in the mixture for about 15 minutes.
  2. In a frying pan, fry the sliced pepper and onion. Add some salt & pepper to taste and put aside.
  3. In the same frying pan, heat some oil and add the pork (shake off the sauce.) Fry until browned on both side.
  4. Pour the sauce over the pork and bring to the boil.
  5. Cook until the sauce thickens.
Serve with boiled rice; it goes well with the pork :-)

2 comments:

emma said...

I used to live in Okinawa, and there was a little cafe that used to serve Ginger Pork, and it was delicious! I am going to try this tonight with rice, edamame, and salad with asian dressing. I will let you know how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

Haitai Emma

Thank you for leaving the comment (I just read it - sorry).Did you try my recipe? Hope it turned out well.

Did you enjoy living in Okinawa? I hope you did :-)