Thursday 5 July 2007

Dinner on 05/07/07

Menu: Fried vegetable noodle; tinned salmon with cucumber & radish

We are running out of vegetables, but I found bits and pieces and managed to make a really nice fried noodle. As we don't have fresh carrots anymore, I decided to use frozen mix vegetables which contains carrots. I used fresh green peppers, onions, spring onions, ginger, garlic, cabbage as well as some dried shiitake (a type of mashroom.) I was going to put tinned salmon in it, but I thought it was nice as it was, so decided not to. Instead, I made a simple salad with cucumber, radish and spring onion on top.

I used rice noodle which I bought from a Chinese market the other day. A bag of rice noodle only costs about 55p or so, and it was really tasty. I should get some more and use it often. As my daughter has a wheat allergy, I'm trying to avoid wheat products and find alternatives. I don't think I had bought rice noodle when I was in Okinawa, but I really like it.

We truly enjoyed our dinner. I will write the recipe soon.

No comments: