Thursday 26 July 2007

Making pork dumplings

Chinese food is very popular in Japan, and some of the dishes are commonly cooked at home. Dumplings (or gyoza) are very popular: there are different kinds of dumplings, but I think that pork dumplings are popular amongst them. They are very easy to make.

I remember making dumplings with my mum when I was living with my parents. Mum would make a filling, and we would put the filling in pastries together whilst chatting. I learned the tecnique from her, but I could never make pork dumplings as nice as hers.

That's me in the photo making pork dumplings when I was pregnant (it was twelve days before my daughter was born!) I was thinking of my mum as I made them :-)

I would like to teach my daughter how to make pork dumplings when she is older. That will be fun :-)

No comments: